When you have installed the Office Web Apps suite you are able to edit documents direct into the browser. This can be very useful, but when you decides to uninstall the Office Web Apps take care of the following points:
- Uninstall Office Web Apps will remove the server from the SharePoint Farm. If you read the notification carefully when you click the uninstall button you will know this.
- All web applications and sites created by SharePoint will be deleted from IIS.
- You can rejoin the machine back to the Server Farm by psconfig with your farm passphrase.
- You need to redeploy customizations to the server.
- If this happens to be the server which hosts Central Administration, you need to rebuild the CA. This can be done through the Management Shell:
New-SPCentralAdministration -Port xxxx -WindowsAuthProvider "NTLM"
Install the Office Web Apps only when you are very sure that you need them or test the Office Web Apps first in a test environment, because you have a lot to fix after the uninstallation.
For more information see Microsoft TechNet