Saturday, November 19, 2011

SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool


Today I have done a SharePoint content migration from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 (database attach). Before I run the Mount-SPContentDatabase command in PowerShell I have fist executed the Test-SPContentDatabase command. With this command you can check if the content database is ready to upgrade. And and of course I got a big error list with all Features that where installed in the old farm and not in the new farm.
With the standard SharePoint tools it is difficult to find and remove this additional features.
After some research on the internet I found the SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool.
With this tool it’s easy to find and remove features from SharePoint 2007.
SharePoint_Feature_Administration_and_Clean_Up_Tool.JPG
SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool download link
http://featureadmin.codeplex.com

No comments: