- The Active Directory forest needs to be in Windows Server 2003 forest functionality mode;
- All domains that contain Exchange recipients need to be in Windows Server 2003 domain native mode;
- The Global Catalog Servers and the Active Directory Schema Master need to be at a minimum level of Windows Server 2003 SP1 (which equals to Windows Server 2003 R2);
- The Exchange 2003 organization needs to be running in ‘native mode’;
- Link State updates on all Exchange Server 2003 servers need to be disabled according to Microsoft knowledge base article http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996728.aspx
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Exchange 2003 coexistence with Exchange Server 2010
Exchange Server 2010 can easily coexist in a Exchange Server 2003 organization as long as the Exchange Server 2010 prerequisites are met.